Teaching and Dissemination Resources
- Aciertas_Red is a COSCE project aimed at primary school teachers and teachers in the early years of secondary education. It is based on a platform to encourage research-based learning, as well as dialogue and collaboration between teachers. Neuroscientists are invited to present the resources that they have elaborated on the emerging themes selected for the platform: Nanosciences, Neurosciences and Robotics. The project also awards the Aciertas Prizes. For more information, visit the blog and read the leaflet.
- BrainFacts is a platform with resources and information on Neuroscience for students at different levels: www.brainfacts.org
- The DANA Foundation provides material for dissemination, publications, brochures, etc., that can be used during Brain Awareness Week or in different dissemination activities:
- Suggested activities www.dana.org/baw/eventideas/
- Dissemination tools www.dana.org/BAW/Outreach/
- Publications www.dana.org/BAW/Publications/
- Scientific and educational resources www.dana.org/BAW/scienceresources/
- Materials www.dana.org/downloads/adults/ www.dana.org/downloads/kids/
- Promotional leaflets www.dana.org/BAW/tipsandresources/
- Educational Resources in Neurosciences (ERIN) was created by the Society for Neuroscience (SfN) to offer training strategies and resources in Neuroscience for undergraduate and graduate students, and for clinical practice professionals. http://erin.sfn.org/About
- FENS Kavli is a network of young neuroscientists representing most of the countries of Europe whose mission is to collaborate in the design of the future of Neuroscience through training courses, collaboration and the design of strategic plans.http://www.fens.org/Outreach/FENS-Kavli-Network-of-Excellence/
- • SciLogs is the largest network of blogs by scientific researchers (in Spanish)
- Skype a Scientist is an initiative of the University of Connecticut (USA) allowing scientists (over 500) to interact with classes of students anywhere in the world by Skype. The students enjoy a unique opportunity to ask questions, comment, seek opinions, etc., from a specialist in the subject.
Resources contributed by SENC members
If you have dissemination material that you wish to share with other SENC members, e-mail it to the Training Committee: email@example.com, following the suggested format: